The topic of this installment of Podcast TMA is "Me and My Doctor, We Know Best," the campaign that TMA has developed to help physicians talk to their patients about the national health system reform debate. The message to Congress and President Obama is simple: “Fix what’s broken; keep what’s good.”
Our guests are Dan McCoy, MD, a dermatologist from Dallas and chair of TMA's Council on Legislation, and Bryan Eppstein, of Capitol Alliance Public Affairs. Both men helped to develop the new campaign. We did this interview during a break in the action at TMA's 2009 fall conference.
The topics we coverd include:
- Why TMA developed the new campaign,
- How the campaign message and imagery were developed,
- What the campaign means to TMA as an organization and to its members,
- The importance of the patient-physician relationship to grassroots advocacy, and
- The role of social networks like Twitter and Facebook in the new campaign.
Want to Subscribe to Podcast TMA through iTunes?Here's the link. It takes you to the iTunes store. Subscription is free.