First, do no harm. With the U.S. House of Representatives likely to take a historic vote on health system reform this weekend, your Texas Medical Association is engaged on multiple fronts to make sure the end result doesn’t violate the Hippocratic Oath.
Five Things You Can Do Right Now
- Use the TMA Grassroots Action Center today to send a strong message to Sens. John Cornyn and Kay Bailey Hutchison and your U.S. representative. Tell them to oppose the health system reform bill in the House and begin work immediately on a permanent replacement of the Medicare payment formula.
- Sign TMA’s online Stop the Medicare Meltdown petition and encourage your colleagues, friends, family, and neighbors to do the same.
- Sign TMA’s open letter to Congress (PDF) and fax it to the TMA Public Affairs Division at (512) 370-1633.
- Post the Stop the Medicare Meltdown petition (PDF) in your waiting areas and exam rooms for your patients to sign. Fax completed petitions to the TMA Public Affairs Division at (512) 370-1633.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local paper.