|Drs. Kridel (l) and Henkes prepare to lead discussion on health care reform|
at meeting of Texas Delegation to the AMA.
|Representative Burgess (l) discusses opportunities for major health system|
changes with Drs. Robert Gunby (c) and John Carlo (r) of Dallas.
- Improves patient care;
- Draws down all available federal dollars to expand access to health care for poor Texans;
- Gives Texas the flexibility to change the plan as our needs and circumstances change;
- Clears away Medicaid’s financial, administrative, and regulatory hurdles that are driving up costs and driving Texas physicians away from the program;
- Relieves local Texas taxpayers and Texans with insurance from the unfair and unnecessary burden of paying the entire cost of caring for their uninsured neighbors; and
- Pays physicians for Medicaid services at a rate at least equal to Medicare payments.